BREAKING STRIVE ROCKS NEWS!
Thank you for deciding to be a part of STRIVE Rocks All Night 2024, taking place May 17th-18th, 2024!
STRIVE Rocks is an event that our whole community looks forward to and this year is no different. This year’s STRIVE Rocks is extra special for a number of reasons; not only will it will be our 20th year of holding our all-night dance marathon but it will be our first STRIVE Rocks back in person since 2019!
We are so excited to go back to our roots and hold STRIVE Rocks 2024 not only in-person but also in a comfortable and safe setting– our STRIVE building on Foden Road. STRIVE Rocks 2024 will take place from 8pm Friday, May 17th-8am, Saturday, May 18th at STRIVE (28 Foden Road, South Portland, Maine). We'll have everything you loved about past in-person events -- bands, theme hours, games & activities, prizes, and of course...dancing! PLUS, this year we're going to have some new entertainment and activities throughout the night...stay tuned to hear what some of them will be! Whether you are returning or a new recruit, we are glad to have you as we gear up to make a difference in the lives of over 1,400 young adults with intellectual disabilities from across our communities.
Being up for nearly 12 hours and may seem like a big job, but don’t think you’re alone! When May 17th rolls around, you’ll be joined by peers who are enjoying the experience with you. The funds you raise will help STRIVE provide educational and social opportunities for our members. We strongly encourage you to visit a STRIVE Friday Night Social Event, or another of STRIVE’s many programs/events, so that you may see the direct impact of your efforts.
Want to get in on the fun? All you'll need to do is fundraise a minimum of $75 to participate! We also have other incentives if you’d like to continue your
• Raise $100 or more and you'll get a STRIVE Rocks T-Shirt!
• Raise $250, $500 or $1,000 (or more), to become a STRIVE Rocks All Star/VIP/MVP and get even more special STRIVE gear!
On behalf of the entire STRIVE Rocks Committee, we hope that you are just as excited about STRIVE Rocks 2024 as we are. Together, we can make this the best year for STRIVE yet! We’re here to help you every step of the way.
Have more questions about STRIVE Rocks, or ideas of other ways you would like to be involved?
Contact STRIVE Program Director, Whitney Wildes, at email@example.com or 207.774.6278!
Be sure to check back often for more information about STRIVE Rocks 2024! Also, follow our social media pages for updates and special announcements leading up to the event!
Looking for some helpeful hints to boost your fundraising efforts?
Take a look at some of our suggestions here! ⇒
10 Steps to Gain Support for Your Fundraising
Know these key factors about STRIVE
- STRIVE supports tweens, teens, and you adults, ages 11-24, with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- STRIVE provides social, educational, employment, training and collegiate programs.
- STRIVE currently works with over 1,000 members in our community!
- STRIVE has to raise 80% of its budget each year through events and fundraising.
Know YOUR Story
- Why are you involved? How many years have you been participating?
- Do you have stories from prior years?
Set a personal or team goal
- "I want to raise a minimum of $xx or higher for this event!" Or have each person on your team raise a minimum of $XX or higher to maximize your total amount raised!
Make your own gift/pledge or sponsor yourself first
Brainstorm your list of people to ask
- Think of all your possible contacts: Family members, friends, teachers, co-workers, or others who respect and like you.
- Share your fundraising page on your social media accounts!
Send out an introductory explanation via email or letter and share your fundraising page on your social media accounts!
- Let people know that you will be participating in STRIVE Rocks, why it is important and that you will be coming to see them to ask for their support
Follow-up with everyone you contacted... and more!
- Reach out to as many people as possible
- Start with the "easiest" asks first. Use these asks as a way to perfect your story and then build on your success from here.
Start asking for support early! Don't wait until the last minute!
- Plan to have all of your pledges in by a certain date!
Remember: Have fun! This is worth it!
- Feel good that you're doing this for a great organization that needs and appreciates your help! Celebrate your success!
You can't thank people enough!
- After STRIVE Rocks, make sure you let people know how much you appreciate their support and how the event went!
- Send Handwritten Notes to each of your donors within 3 days after they give.
Pulling of an event like STRIVE Rocks calls for lots of help!
We have a number of volunteer opportunities throughout the night!
Interested in helping out?
Contact Whitney at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss what is available during the event.
Thank You To Our Sponsors!
Interested in learning more about sponsorshop opportunities?
Contact STRIVE Program Director, Whitney Wildes, at email@example.com or at 207.774.6278 or click the button below!