Unwritten Rules: Social Skills Decoded
Being in social situations is easy for some people, but for many, it’s complicated. It can be hard to know what to do or what to say— sometimes it seems like everyone was given a script for life, except for us! In this course, we will explore what is commonly expected in most social situations. We’ll learn about self-awareness, self-esteem, and how to embrace your unique identity. We will discuss communication, boundaries, and other strategies for social success— while still staying true to yourself.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define and recognize commonly accepted "social skills"
- Explore different parts of your identity and how it impacts the way you feel about yourself and others
- Identify commonly accepted social cues, including facial expression, body language, voice tone & volume, and personal space
- Recall social norms and hidden social "rules"
- Practice effective communication skills
- Define boundaries, both physical and emotional, and practice setting and respecting boundaries
- Explore how to maintain your boundaries so you can be your authentic self
- Unit 1: What Are Social Skills?
- Unit 2: All About Me
- Unit 3: Social Cues
- Unit 4: Communication
- Unit 5: Setting & Respecting Boundaries