This course focuses on how we can all live more sustainably to protect our planet and our wallets! Making small changes can have a big impact. You will learn how to reduce, reuse, recycle, repair, and borrow items for a more sustainable lifestyle.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define sustainability
- Identify the benefits of sustainability, both personally and for the planet
- Identify high waste items around your home and brainstorm alternatives to reduce the waste
- Give examples of items in your home that can be reused
- Identify items that can and cannot be recycled or composted
- Identify items that are commonly thrown away or recycled that could be reused
- List places near you where you can rent or borrow items rather than buying
- Create a plan of small changes and practice living sustainably
- Unit 1: What Is Sustainability & What Does It Have To Do With Me?
- Unit 2: Reduce and Reuse
- Unit 3: Recycle
- Unit 4: Repair & Borrow
- Unit 5: Sustainability In Action: What's My Plan?