This course covers all aspects of social relationships: how to meet new friends and partners, get to know each other, build a positive connection, and set boundaries. We will discuss healthy vs unhealthy relationships, explore sexual identity, and how to make safe choices around sex.
Disclaimer: This course will cover many sensitive or mature topics, including abuse, sex; sexuality, gender identity, and sexual identity. We understand that relationships can be complicated and are here to help.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define social relationship
- Recall characteristics of healthy and unhealthy relationships
- Describe the differences between non-romantic and romantic relationships
- Explore what it means to have a sexual identity
- List positive traits to look for in a social relationship (friendship or partner)
- Outline reasons for seeking a partner (or not)
- Outline safe and healthy ways to find a social relationship
- Identify the steps of getting to know a new social relationship
- Explain how to make healthy decisions about sex
- Unit 1: What Are Social Relationships?
- Unit 2: Self Discovery
- Unit 3: What Am I Looking For?
- Unit 4: Finding A Partner & Getting To Know Them
- Unit 5: Sex