Did you know that emotional intelligence, or understanding and responding to other people's feelings, is important not only in our relationships but in our success when working, too? This class teaches you how to develop your emotional intelligence through focus on four core skills: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management. Through these skills, we will learn how to identify emotions in ourselves and others, practice empathy, discover how these skills can help us to communicate more effectively, and much, much more!
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define emotional intelligence
- Identify the differences between EQ, IQ, and personality
- Recognize and name your emotions
- Identify how your actions impact others
- Practice stress and emotional management techniques
- Define empathy
- Identify emotions in other people
- Practice assertive communication
- Develop strategies for dealing with conflict
- Unit 1: What Is Emotional Intelligence?
- Unit 2: Self-Awareness
- Unit 3: Self-Management
- Unit 4: Social Awareness
- Unit 5: Relationship Management