Critical Thinking is using reason to examine all the information before making an informed decision or opinion. We will examine media and information sources and look at how different people and websites present the same information in different ways. How do you know if you're getting the whole story? We'll also practice listening to and understanding people who we don't agree with. We'll look for common ground and ways to communicate and collaborate.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define critical thinking
- Ask questions to discover hidden assumptions and biases
- Look at an idea from multiple perspectives
- Practice finding multiple solutions to a problem
- Practice considering possibilities without (always) accepting them
- Express an idea in a clear and concise way
- Combine ideas to create new ideas (using flexible thinking)
- Unit 1: What is Critical Thinking?
- Unit 2: Asking the Right Questions
- Unit 3: Understanding Multiple Perspectives
- Unit 4: Reflect & Plan
- Unit 5: Communicate, Collaborate, & Connect!