Creating Safe Spaces (Living on Your Own)
Living on your own comes with new responsibilities, including making your living space a safe place to be. In this course, you’ll learn about the hazards and risks in each room of your living space and how to deal with them, how to set physical and emotional boundaries, and you will make plans for what to do in case of an emergency.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define what it means to be safe in living spaces
- Identify fire hazards in the home
- Discuss why kitchen safety is important
- Recall safety risks in the bedroom
- Recognize safety risks in the bathroom
- Define your boundaries for your living space
- Create (or update) a safety route escape plan for your living space
- Unit 1: What Does it Mean to Create Safe Spaces?
- Unit 2: Kitchen Safety
- Unit 3: Your Bedroom
- Unit 4: Your Bathroom
- Unit 5: Living Spaces & Boundaries